Monday 26 September 2011

Final 10 images Theme 2


The image above was chosen for the texture.  I was inspired by the work of Joe Cornish and Charlie Waite to look for interestng natural beauty shots.  This particular image was one of my favourites as the lighting is good and I liked the way I set up one rook to contrast against the other rock in the background it has something interesting in each third of the image and your eye is drawn through the image due to the out line and detail of the rock. The sea contrast offers softness in the background.




The seaacape image above was chosen as it shows use of shutter speed.  The image gives a sense of calm.  The seaweed in the foreground leads your eye into the image and then over to the jagged outline of the rock.  Although the image lacks colour there is again alot of texture through the movement of the sea and the rock.





I became a little facinated by the rocks around this area whilst taking the images above.  Charlie Waite describes lines shapes and sharpe burst of colour one of his videos. I decided to take a close up of the cliff face using a higher F stop to keep everything in focuse.  I like the line formations on the rock.  The randon greenery softens the image.  I could have improved the image by enhancing the green and yellow on the plants on the rock.



I chose this image as it offered a different viewpoint to my other chosen images.  It was taken from the bottom of the cliff face looking up. I like it could as it could almost be mistaken from being taken from a low viewpoint.  The releflection on the rockface enhances the texture of the rock and makes it appear wet.

Charlie Waite inspired me to try this image.  It has a mysterious feel about it and your eye is drawn into the image to look over the top of the hill.  It wastaken from a low viewpoint.  I wanted the image to be moody.  The grass offers texture to the image whilst the main focal point is the brow of the hill.




I liked this image as it captures the grandness of the cliff against the small island that had previously been photographed.  A high F stop was used to keep all of the rock face texture and detail in focuse.  This particular one intrested me as the rock offered a jagged horizon line against the smoothness of the sand.  I spotted the footprints in the sand and thought that this would add interest to the image.  The light conditions allowed me to pick up the colours in the rock and add warmth to the image as does Joe Cornish and Ansell Adams their work.  I like the way that the sky is simple with no cloud as it does not add a distraction to the cliff face.




I liked the simple compostion of this image picked up from my research and the lines of the brows of the hills.  The tree is almost silouted againt the blue cloudy sky.



This image is about shapes and lines.  The contrast of the plush green leave against the dry textured log creates interest.  I took various angles of this leaf but liked this one as the main focal point of the image was the shadow which I kept in focus to keep the leaf shadow sharpe. 



One of my favourite close ups.  The leaf being the main focal point with the the brightly coloured berries out of focuse.  The lighting conditions was good for this image was as there was no direct sunlight however I kept the light flow behind the leaf to emphasise the detail on the leaf.  the composition is simle but effective.  This type of image would look good on a canvas.


The stillness and tranquility of the image captivates me.  Ansell Adams completed some work of the snake river which can be likened to this image.  This image is about lines and texture.  The bridge being the main focal point, however it wa important to keep the whole image in focus to acheive the feeling of the image.  I like the way you can see the lines on the hills in the background.  It was a shame there was a slight breeze as it would have been good if the lake could have appeared glass like with reflection.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    A beautiful set of images that show that you work has become influenced by your research, well written analysis of these images as well.
    Your images are well thought out even before you press the shutter, interesting that these haven't been through photoshop as it proves that you didn't require it to finish you images as they stand up on their own and don't need it anyway.
    Well done!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff here Lnzz,your portraits are lovely, nice to see some of your stuff,like your girlie blog :-)

    ReplyDelete